Monday, November 21, 2016

Cinnamon Creamer- Dairy free, refined sugar free!


After I had my fourth baby, my body decided it was no longer feeling it for dairy products. I was able to eat them for a while because of Lactaid pills, but even those no longer work for me. So no more dairy. :(

The biggest problem? All of my favorite creamers have some small amounts of dairy in them. Not to mention, they are mostly just chemicals and sugar anyway. And that's why I decided to make this. My own homemade creamer.

This recipe is actually my favorite. You can make some alterations to it, however, for some other flavors. Add pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice for some pumpkin spice creamer. Add a few tablespoons of cocoa for a mocha creamer. Switch out the honey for pure maple syrup and add a dash of nutmeg for a yummy maple creamer.

A few important tips about the coconut milk: You need the good stuff. It must be full fat. The kind that separates the coconut cream to the top or it won't really work. You also need to refrigerate after making it. Finally, I find that if I make it ahead and then use it the following morning, I like it more. The flavors are better combined and the coconut milk has thickened from the cold of the refrigerator.


And here's what it looks like in my cup. I like to put it in first, then add the hot coffee. It helps mix it up more. Plus, I get this yummy extra layer on top of the hot coffee. ;)



Here's the full recipe. Let me know what you think!

Ingredients:

1 15oz can full fat coconut milk
3tbsp honey
2tsp cinnamon
1tsp vanilla extract

Directions:

1. Add all ingredients to blender or Magic Bullet (what I use). Blend until fully combined.
2. Refrigerate between uses. I have used it successfully for six days.

No comments:

Post a Comment